Gus Creek Cutaway
I designed this guitar while I was in Seattle. I had an Engelmann top that was too small for most guitars that I had built before, so I drew a small body that would fit the wood.
I really liked the shape that resulted, and the deep body gives it a surprisingly big voice.
This specific guitar is a cutaway body, sunburst finish on top, back and sides, and has some beautiful curly maple for the body.
- Englemann Spruce
- Red Spruce Bracing
- Hard Maple Rift Sawn Bridge Plate
- Cut-away Body
- Curly Maple
- Ivoroid Body Binding
- Large Zipper Back Strip
- Honduran Mahogany
- Scale length of 24-3/4"
- Nut width of 1-3/4"
- Ebony fingerboard with slotted Abalone Square Inlay
- Abalone logo on the Peghead
- Ivoroid binding on both the Neck and Peghead
- Ebony Bridge
- Boxwood Bridge Pins with Black Mother of Pearl Dots
- Boxwood End Pin with Black Mother of Pearl Dot
- Gold Waverly Tuners with Ivoroid Button Keys
- Unbleached Bone Nut/Saddle
- Hard Shell Guitar Case
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Sunburst color