The Ruby Custom
As I mentioned on the "Beat That Summary" page, this Ruby Custom was ordered by a client. It has a custom inlay fingerboard, headstock and bridge that I designed, hand cut and inlayed.
It was bound with abalone on top, bottom, neck and peghead.
In addition, the back and sides are Honduran Rosewood, which produces an amazing sound. Check out our audio clips!
She is a beauty, both in looks and sound!
- Sitka Spruce
- Red Spruce Bracing
- Hard Maple Rift Sawn Bridge Plate
- Honduran Rosewood
- Grained Ivoroid, BWB and Abalone Body Binding
- Abalone Back Strip
- Grained Ivoroid/Abalone Butt Wedge
- Red Maple (2 piece)
- Scale length of 25-1/2"
- Nut width of 1-11/16"
- Ebony fingerboard hand cut Abalone Inlay
- Custom Inlay Peghead
- Abalone binding on the Neck
- Abalone Binding on Fingerboard and Peghead
- Ebony Bridge
- Ebony Bridge Pins with Abalone Dot Inlay
- Ebony End Pin with Abalone Dot Inlay
- Gold Waverly Tuners with Ebony Buttons
- Bone Nut/Saddle
- Hard Shell Guitar Case
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Sunburst Color